06 September 2010

Hot Spots of Britain and Ireland

I have a few solid weeks of writing ahead of me, then I am back on the road. My next events are a couple of appearances at the Wigtown Book festival, in Scotland. I will be in praise of monsters at the Quaker Meeting house on Saturday the 2nd of October. The organisers tell me they have something else planned for me too, I’m not sure where or exactly when.

Wigtown is in south-west Scotland.


Cloughey.

I look forward to meeting some of the pupils of Kirkistown Primary School in Cloughey, County Down on October 6th. At the moment they are having a ‘Narrative Month,’ which sounds like a great idea to me. Such things did not occur in my school when I was a kid. I recall we had a "Let a Bigot Teach History” month when a rather elderly reserve teacher came in and cursed the English for four weeks.

But I shouldn’t complain too much because the following week I return to my home town. County Donegal is having ‘Wainfest,’ with venues spread throughout the county. My first event is in Ballydog … opps, I mean Killybegs. Come along to the town library at 10:30am on the 11th of October if monsters are your thing. If I get out alive I will then be going “in through” (as we say in that part of the world) to Kilcar for an event at 1:30pm.


Rush hour, Kilcar.

The following day, the 12th of October, I’ll be having two events on Aran Island, taking the 10:00am ferry from Burton Port.

13th of October, find me in Moville Library at 10:30am and Buncrana Library at 1:30pm.

14th of October, Na Rosa Library, 10:30am.

Last, for the moment, I will be joining the Children’s Book Festival in Dublin on the 19th of October. I'll having events in the County Library Tallaght at 10:30am and 12 noon.

Phew …

No comments:

Post a Comment

Discuss here