21 October 2011

Monsters in Meath

It's Children's Book Festival time and this week I visited libraries around Co. Meath. I meet lots of school groups and enjoyed it a lot. Hope they did too.


Doing my thing in Slane.


One of the school groups I meet in Ashbourne.

One thing I love about meeting young readers is the surprising angles they take on my work. Often a boy or girl will have paid extraordinarily close attention to someone I considered to be a minor character. Or they will have thought hard about some fleeting detail. This is always an eye-opener for me.

Next week for the Children's Book Festival I am the Ballyroan Library in Rathfarnham, Dublin.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Mr. Carr

    Why didn't you put my school (St Mary's Ashbourne) up there! Just joking. We all enjoyed your talk on the 20th of October! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm sorry not everybody got a photo uploaded here.

    Best wishes
    Garrett

    ReplyDelete

Discuss here